View in browser

Senator Tom killion

Dear Friend,

I will be sending out periodic Enewsletters to keep you informed about legislative action in Harrisburg and local items of interest. I hope that you find this information useful and share it with others.

If you find this e-newsletter useful, I invite you to visit my website for more information about your state government. If you do not wish to receive these e-newsletters, please click the "unsubscribe" button at the bottom of the page.

Please do not hesitate to contact me to express your views or to receive assistance with any issue or problem pertaining to state government.


Tom Killion

Upcoming – US Rt. 322 Section 102 Public Meeting

There will be a U.S. Route 322 – Section 102 public meeting at the Upper Chichester Township Field House (8500 Furey Road, Upper Chichester, PA) on Wednesday, December 13, 2017 at 6 p.m.

Residents and business owners in attendance will receive an update on the next step in the project and have the opportunity to look at the proposed plans.  Representatives from PennDOT and Alfred Benesch and Co. will be in attendance to address all concerns and questions.

Department of Community and Economic Development Grants Announced

Newlin Township has secured a multi-modal grant for the restoration of Laurel Road.

Middletown Township has secured a TRID (Transit Revitalization Investment District) Fund Grant Program.  This program will provide assistance with the Wawa Station project.

Property Tax and Rent Rebate Deadline Approaching

December 31, 2017 is the deadline for the Property Tax and Rent Rebate Program for eligible Pennsylvanians.  Free application assistance is available at my district offices. 

Age, income and disability are critical eligibility factors.  First time filers will need photocopies of documents providing proof of age, a spouse’s death certificate if widowed, and proof of permanent disability, if applicable. 

Obtain the Property Tax and Rent Rebate Program application online or in person in my offices.  Questions can be answered by the Online Customer Service Center at 1-888-PATAXES.  If you have already applied and 8 to 10 weeks have lapsed since filing, contact the PA Department of Revenue for a status report on your rebate.

You can find more information here.

Pennsylvania’s Unclaimed Property 

Each year, the Pennsylvania Treasury receives millions of dollars of unclaimed property.  It is estimated that roughly one in 10 Pennsylvanians has unclaimed property.  Unclaimed property may include:

  • Closed bank accounts;
  • Uncashed checks, including paychecks;
  • Lost stocks and bonds;
  • Contents of safe deposit boxes;
  • Proceeds from the demutualization of insurance companies;
  • Expired gift cards/gift certificates.

To find out if you have unclaimed property, search your name in the Unclaimed Property database at , call 1-800-222-2046, or contact my office.  There is no charge to claim your unclaimed property.

PennDOT Driver License Photo Centers Closed for Thanksgiving

Please be advised that all driver license and photo centers, including its full-service center in Harrisburg, will be closed Thursday, November 23, and Friday, November 24, for the Thanksgiving holiday. 

Customers may still obtain a variety of driver and vehicle products and services, including all forms, publications and driver training manuals, online through PennDOT’s Driver and Vehicle Services website,

Satellite Offices Now Open to Better Serve You

How We Can Help You

Here are some of the ways that my office can assist you:

  • Free notary service.
  • Assistance with preparations of Property Tax/Rent Rebate claim forms.
  • Citations from the Pennsylvania Senate for notable local accomplishments and family milestones.
  • Information and problems with PA Insurance programs: Medical Assistance and CHIP.
  • Fishing and hunting information.
  • Information on financial assistance for higher education.
  • PennDOT forms for special tags and driver and vehicle services.
  • Pennsylvania Personal Income Tax forms.
  • Pennsylvania road maps.
  • Requests for copies of legislation, bills and regulations.
  • Requests for literature for students and senior citizens.
  • Tours of the State Capitol for individuals or groups.
  • Unemployment compensation issues.

How to Contact Me

I have staffed offices in the district and Harrisburg to provide you with top-notch constituent service and provide answers to legislative inquiries.

The district offices are located at:

4110 Edgmont Ave, Brookhaven, PA 19015. The phone number is (610) 447-3163.

780 E. Market St, Ste140, West Chester, PA 19382. The phone number is (610) 436-3320.

Both offices are open Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.

My Harrisburg office can be reached by phone at (717) 787-4712 or by mail at Senate Box 203009, Harrisburg, PA 17120.

If you are having any problems with state agencies or need help with a problem relating to government, my staff and I will be happy to assist you.



Senate Box 203009
Harrisburg, PA 17120-3009
Phone: 717-787-4712
Fax: 717-783-7490
Toll-Free: 1-888-9th-Dist

4110 Edgmont Ave
Brookhaven, PA 19015
Phone: 610-447-3163
Fax: 610-447-5848

780 E. Market St
West Chester, PA 19382
Phone: 610-436-3320
Fax: 610-436-6983

If you do not wish to receive this email, click here to unsubscribe.

Privacy Policy
2017 © Senate of Pennsylvania